Sunday, November 06, 2011

Okay guys. I know its been a while since I posted anything....but hey life happens right? Well it has definately been happening around here anyways.

Well let me just tell you about my food journey. Things got so hectic around here for Mama because she was trying to do so much and think so hard about the food and quality of food for my family. Now, don't get me wrong that is very important! But I had to stop and look at the situation. Were my kids seeing a happy Mama or a stressed Mama? Well you can guess right? Stressed. So I've decided to take a few steps back.

I still like to make my own bread. In fact I even now have a recipe for sourdough bread that my sister gave me. It is SO good! (I even have some sitting rising tonight as I type)  But even then I've come to realize...its okay if the bread doesn't get made this week and you buy a loaf from the store. When that happens, I usually look for Natures Own (I think that is the brandname) 100% Whole Wheat with no High Frutose Syrup. That's my comprimise on that.

I've also been wondering more about do I want to use raw milk or not. I have noticed a change in "hormone/emotions" in my girls and myself when I make sure to buy milk without hormones added. Then you've got the choice of raw milk or not. I've heard horror stories about how raw milk made people in my family sick when they were younger, back in the 50s, and what they all went through. I don't know wheather or not to put my family through that when I already have immune weakness in my family. So many thougths I just don't know what to do with them.

Also I've just recently found a website that is for local growers that offers organic produce too. So I'm doing my best to try and remember to purchase my produce at the first of the week and then go to pick it up on Friday. (Still trying to get in the groove of that one. To me its just so hard to think a whole week in advance! Ha Ha) Which I should probably be making my list of things to get and be placing that order now but instead I thought you guys deserved a reason for no posting. I still do most of my bulk ordering from Azure Standard too though. I absolutely LOVE them!

Now about homeschool....I've come to realize with my little ones growing older and nap time dwendling away that a new school schedule needs to be in place. So that has also been occupying my time.

And not only that schedule but also a schedule for chores. Can I hear an Amen! Just kidding. So I've been looking at Titus2.org on their way they do chores. Looks interesting. I'll try and post about that sometime, maybe.

Well anyways, there is what is happening with ...my whole world... What's been happening in yours? Any thoughts on mine? HA! God bless!


No comments: