Friday, April 01, 2016

Our Menu Week

Okay so I haven't been faithfully blogging about our meal plan like I hoped to, but I have been planning meals with Trim Healthy Mama's Membership (Meal Planning).  What do I think of it?


Likes


Well I like that a LOT of THM recipes are already included in their search engine, even the ones from their new cookbook. I like that you can put your own recipes into your own library of THM recipes so that you can have those items on your shopping list. Oh yes! A shopping list is automatically generated for you! Whoop! Whoop!


Dislikes


There are some things that I don't like about it. For instance, I can't print my own recipes out or of course any recipe. Why? Because you're suppose to have the books. :) Which I understand but, my kids do a lot of cooking to help out. And mostly because they enjoy cooking too. So it would be nice to be able to have the recipes printed out.


My Solution


So I'm slowly (when time is tame around here lol) will be typing up 5x7 cards of the recipes. I'd like to be able to have a color/image code on the right hand corner so that I (and my kids) might be able to see what the recipe calls for, ie. slow cooker, skillet, freezer meal, etc.


Our Menu


I usually lay out our menu as 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 snacks, and 7 suppers. But since we have plans that might effect our meal plan I've planned specific days. Also I'm putting this out there today so that you could use it for next week. I'll try to get a shopping list together for you guys too. Just depends on ...my whole world...  :)


Sunday


Breakfast
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour (E)
     Making mine with Oat flour instead of sorghum
Almond Milk for Mom
Milk for family (I've haven't quite convinced them yet) :)


Lunch
FP-Style Sandwich for Mom (Tuna, 2 Light Rye Wasa Crackers, 2 wedges Light Laughing Cow, lettuce)
     Family will eat Whole Wheat sandwich bread
Green Smoothie


Supper
2x Rotisserie Chicken in a Slow Cooker (S)
     Two because will be used later this week
Buttered Vegetables (Broccoli, Sweet Pease, etc)


Monday


Breakfast
Basic Quiche (S)
     Eggs, Cheese, Spinach, Salt & Pepper
Almond Milk


Lunch
Cowboy Grub (E) p. 59* New Book
Green Smoothie


Supper
Mama's Simple Meatloaf (S)   (THM Membership Recipe)
     OR any meatloaf recipe that would go in an S category
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Green Veggie


Tuesday


Breakfast
Quinoa Breakfast Porridge (E) p.227 THM book 1
Milk and/or coffee


Lunch
Black Bean Chicken Quesadilla (E) from The Coer's Family
     Using some of the chicken from Sunday
Mexican rice for the kids
Green Smoothie


Supper
Buttah Chicken (S) p. 49 New THM book
Going to look and see what (S) vegetables are on sale.


Wednesday


Breakfast
Old Fashioned Oatmeal or Steel Cut Oats (E) p. 228 THM book 1
Almond Milk and/or Coffee


Lunch
Baked Sweet Potato (E)
     OR instead of baked I might try this method of preparation.
Grilled or Baked Chicken Breasts (E)
Green Smoothie


Supper
Easy Slow Cooker Steak (S)
    ie. Deer Stew Meat (or Beef Stew Meat), Spaghetti Sauce, Seasonings
Served with buttered veggies (S); For the family serve with Brown Rice


Thursday


Breakfast
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal (E) from A Home With A Purpose!
Almond Milk and/or Coffee


Lunch
E-Style Salad in a Jar (E) p. 188 New THM book
Green Smoothie


Supper
Crockpot Mexican Beans (E)
     Family gets to eat it with Cornbread Muffins  --That makes me a little sad cause I love me some cornbread muffins. Need to find and E recipe. :)


Friday


Breakfast
Blueberry-Cinnamon Muffins (S)
Big Boy Smoothie (FP)


Lunch
Grilled Chicken Buckwheat Kale Salad (E)


Supper
Cheeseburger Cauliflower (E or S) from Healthy Low Carb Living
     E- Because I fix mine with lean ground deer meat.
     S- If you use ground beef. To make it less (S) you can cook the meat and then rinse it under water.


Saturday


Breakfast
Oat Flour Pancakes (E) adapted from Food Prepper


Lunch
Dirt E Rice (E) from The Coer's Family
Green Smoothie


Dinner
Slim Sloppy Joes (S) p. 63 New THM book
     Family will have theirs on Whole Wheat hamburger buns
Sweet Creamy Coleslaw (S) p. 230 New THM book




Hope ya'll have a good week. Here's to eating well!

No comments: