Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homemade Buttermilk

I know what you're thinking, Homemade Buttermilk? Or at least that's what my husband's face looked like as I was placing it in my cabinet to set. Buttermilk has SO many great things for us. You can soak your grains in it to help break them down for easier digestion, just drinking it all by itself is great for your body.

But now I'm going to try and keep this one short. LOL This is how I made my buttermilk. I purchased full fat bulgarian buttermilk from the store. I placed my 1/2 cup buttermilk in the bottom of my quart size jar and filled the rest of the jar with whole milk. Gave it a shake and placed it in my dark cabinet for 10-12 hours. And voila! Buttermilk. Refrigerate after it has become thickened.

1/2 cup buttermilk
1 Quart jar whole milk

No comments: