Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm excited!

I'm so happy right now. I've finished two things on my list of things... For the first time ever I actually found a good deal at a flea market. (Drum Roll Please...)


I found a 7 cup Brita Filter Pitcher for only $1.50! I've been planning on buying on of these but just couldn't part with that much money. Now all I have to do is part with filter replacements. :) (If you could see me now I probably have a sly smile on my face)

 And second, I made applesauce.

7 to 8 small sized apples
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 T. lemon juice

Peel and slice apples. In a medium pot pour in water and lemon juice. As you get done with your apples place them in the pot and coat well with water. (Stir them real good) Then cook at medium heat (adjusting heat to make sure they don't scorch) You can add some seasoning if you wish. I put in 1/2 t. cinnamon. Then cover and heat for about 30 minutes or until firm desired. Then place apples in your blender. Reserve water from your pot. Blend apples to desired consistency using the water from your pot to thin if needed. 

It taste (in the words of the cereal tiger...) GREAT! I don't know if I'll ever actually buy store bought applesauce after tasting this. We had it in our Breakfast Porridge this morning and it all was very liked. I'll share that recipe later.

Well hope everyone has a HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments: