Friday, March 04, 2011

I go crazy for those little squares!

I know you're probably thinking, "What crazy thing is she talking about now?"  But I'm not crazy! Just a little eccentric. LOL!

Those little squares are referring to my Oh so Yummy Whole Wheat Waffles.
I mean okay you can't tell me those don't look GOOD! I have a lot of weaknesses and these are definitely one of them. Image melted butter and pure maple syrup oozing off the sides of them. Yep, Good.

Whole Wheat Waffles


2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (or any flour)
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil (or any good quality oil)
1 T. maple syrup
1/2 t. sea salt
4 t. baking powder

The night before soak your flour and buttermilk to help break down the phytic acid.  In the morning add your eggs, oil, syrup, salt and mix well. Once all that is mixed, mix in your baking powder and let it sit for about 2-3 minutes. This lets the baking powder get started well, otherwise your first few waffles (or pancakes) will turn out flat.  Then bake as directed in your waffle maker. Enjoy with butter, syrup and a nice organic whole fruit.

What did you have for breakfast this morning? Please leave a comment.

No comments: