Friday, March 11, 2011

Juice...Pulp...So many possiblities!

About a year ago my wonderful husband gave me another gift. (He likes giving me gifts. Who am I to argue right?)  It was a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer. If you're not familiar with this juicer, let me enlighten you.

As you can see in the picture the tall chute on top of the juicer is where you put the fruit in. It's big and powerful enough to put a whole, yes that's right a WHOLE small apple in.

In the back of the juicer is a clear compartment where all the pulp comes out. This pulp is wonderful used in muffins, cakes, pies, soups, pasta, etc.. In fact I made quesadilias the other day and used the pulp from carrots to add a veggie to our black bean quesadillia. They were quite yummy.

And don't forget about the wonderful most yummy fresh juice you get. You can juice just about anything. Even a cabbage! My favorite combination of juice right now is carrot & apple juice. I love it because my kids love it too! There''s also carrot & cilantro juice. (Yep! Herbs too!)

Do you have a juicer? What do you do with your pulp? Recipe Ideas? (I might try to come up with some recipe and post about that some time. We'll see.)

No comments: