Monday, March 07, 2011

My Moist YUMMY Whole Wheat Bread

Can you smell that lovely scent of fresh baked homemade bread? It is so good. I can't hardly wait for it to cool before digging in. I thought I'd share with you guys how I make my bread. Sorry for the bad video taping. But I did learn something, it is hard to make bread with one hand and video tape with the other.  I soak my wheat before mixing/baking it. To help break it down for easier digestion.

3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup grounded flax seed
2 1/4 cup warm water
3 to 4 T. yogurt (with active cultures!)

Soak these four ingredients for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. What I've noticed too is that if you let it sit for a couple of hours the top dries out. To help prevent that I add the next two ingredients without stirring them in. You know just let it cover the top.


1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil

After these have set for how long you wish put it in the mixer.

QUICK SOAP BOX: I love, Love, LOVE my bosch compact mixer. I HIGHLY recommend it!















Add the bowl to the mixer and add these ingredients. Next, combine on speed one.
2 T. Vital Wheat Gluten
1 T. Dough Enhancer
2 T. Yeast (Dissolved in 1/4 warm tap water)

Add all these to the mixture. Once that is added, add:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 T. Salt, rounded
Combine on speed 2 then add in enough flour till the dough leaves the side of the bowl. Knead on speed two for 4 to 7 minutes or until gluten is well developed.

On a oiled surface divide the dough into two pieces. Flatten out on piece into a 13x9 shape then roll (like you would make cinnamon rolls). Then turn the sides under to fit the shape of your loaf pan. Throw down the bread a couple of times onto the oiled surface. (This is where you can let out the stress of the day) LOL Once you've pounded the dough put into oiled pan.

Place in warm place to rise for 30 minutes or more until doubled in size. You can also place your dough in a low temp oven to help rise or close to a warm stove, etc.  Go here to see how to make the Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
 The finished and smelling good bread:

No comments: