Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins...with Stevia!

Well I posted a day or so ago that I would like to have less sugar in my diet but the problem is....

I LOVE SWEETS!

That's right give me chocolate ANY day! Dark is the best! I mean have you ever tried Godiva Chocolates? OH MY! That is usually my very seldom treat of all treats. (Thought: I should try and put chocolate in these muffins next time.) 

Okay enough with my rant about sweets, but you do realize....

I LOVE SWEETS!

 But now your recipe
Pumpkin Muffins
2c. Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 to 1 c. Buttermilk
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4t. ground cloves
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. or 24 drops of Stevia Clear Liquid (See Just a Note Below)
3 T. unsulphured soghrum
1/4 c. coconut oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. pumpkin, purred or 1 whole can of pumpkin
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder
1/4 c. raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional)

Soak: Stir together your flour and buttermilk. Use  up to 1 cup of buttermilk to moisten all your flour. Soak for 8 to 24 hours.

Preheat: Turn your oven to 400 degrees.

Mix: In your mixer place your soaked grains and add all your other ingredients except baking powder. Mix on lowest speed until your flour has incorporated all your other ingredients. Once all ingredients are incorporated add your baking powder. Don't over mix just until you can't see the baking powder any more.

Cook: Place your 1/3 c. of mixture in each muffin cup. Place a couple of pumpkin seeds onto of your muffins. Bake in your oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a fork is inserted and comes out clean.

Just a note: If you don't have Stevia you could also use 3/4 c. of sucanat or regular sugar and reduce the pumpkin to 1 cup.

No comments: